BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 2, 2009

Kabobs...Kinda


I had a pineapple in my house that needed to be consumed, so I thought I would grill some kabobs with turkey meatballs, pineapple, onions, and bell peppers. Turns out that turkey meatballs don't like to stay on skewers, so I ended up putting the meatballs on a baking sheet alongside the fruit and veggies, and broiled them. I made some rice and sauce to accompany the broiled food. Nothing turned out as great as I hoped, but it was edible, so I'll call that a win. :)

I didn't use a recipe for the meatballs, I just threw a bunch of stuff into a bowl and hoped for the best. I wish I had added a bit more seasoning because they were a little bland. They consisted of ground turkey, egg, soy sauce, oats, and grill seasoning.

I got the recipe for the sauce off of Apartment Therapy. Check out the link for other stir-fry sauces. I probably won't make this sauce again, but I plan on trying out the others on the site.

Orange Pepper Sauce - spicy!

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon of sichuan peppercorns
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2/3 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons cornstarch
4 tablespoons water

Preparation:
Stir fry the ginger, peppercorns, and garlic in 1 tablespoon of hot oil for a minute to release the flavors. Add the soy sauce and orange juice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes. Combine the cornstarch and water and add to the sauce, stirring until the sauce is thick and bubbly.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to eat your posting. Looks so yummy! Thank you for sharing - you're inspiring the rest of us to get off our oven mitts and cook!