I didn't take any pictures of soup last night, but got a couple requests for me to post what I made. Here goes nothing!
Fast & Easy Black Bean Soup
2 slices bacon
1 bell pepper (I used a few small snacking peppers from Costco)
3 - 4 cloves garlic
2 cans black beans
1/2 - 1 cup chicken broth
1/2 tsp. cumin
pinch of red pepper flakes
salt and pepper
- Chop bacon and fry up in a soup stockpot. While bacon is cooking, chop the onion, bell pepper, and garlic. When bacon is fairly crisp, add onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes.
- While ingredients are sautéing, take one can of black beans, drain, and blitz with some chicken stock. I used a pyrex container and a hand blender, but you can use a food processor or blender for this. Pour into pot with the vegetables.
- Open other can of beans and dump into pot. I didn't bother draining them, but you can if you like. If you like your soup thinner, add more chicken broth now.
- Add cumin, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste. I actually went a little crazy here and added a splash of soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, and a teeny bit of dijon mustard.
- While the soup heated up and simmered for a couple minutes, I heated up a couple tortillas in a little olive oil to make them slightly crispy for soup dipping.
- Enjoy! :)