BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Au Jus and The Pioneer Woman's Green Beans

I needed a quick meal tonight, so I made some Aus Jus sandwiches and green beans. The sandwiches were made with french bread and leftover beef roast from last night. I made some au jus dipping sauce by heating beef broth with a little garlic powder, onion powder, soy sauce and worcestershire sauce. The green beans are from a recipe off of The Pioneer Woman's website, and while it calls for 2 tablespoons of bacon grease and a simmer time of 30 minutes, I wasn't feeling that unhealthy nor patient. I used 1 tablespoon of bacon grease and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. I simmered the beans for several minutes, until I couldn't wait any longer and poured off most of the chicken broth. The sandwiches and the beans were delicious! Everyone cleared their plates!
Recipe can be found here:
The Pioneer Woman's Fresh Green Beans, One Way


.

0 comments: